This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
2 Jul 2019
Full-Time Grid Engineering Manager
Duties and Task :
Provide leadership to maintain health , safety and environment standards by :
- Establishing maintenance and safety procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all health and environmental standards.
- Developing standard operating procedures for safety and environmental policies.
Provide technical leadership by:
- Developing and implementing innovative engineering solutions which support GBPC’s long term business strategies and operational objectives .
- Developing design standards , construction specifications and operations requirements to ensure efficient operation of generation , transmission , and distribution facilities to achieve performance goals.
- Leading GBPC’s new initiatives , including small, medium and large solar and battery projects.
- Create , document and define detailed engineering plans , process and procedures for the Grid Engineering Department.
- Conducting various test and quality assurance checks to verify the quality and compliance of completed projects .
- Performing engineering analysis of electrical and or mechanical systems to identify areas of improvement along with failure modes while providing recommendations for system improvements.
- Performing risk analysis , budget development and scheduling , to inform critical business decisions for project completion within scope , time , cost constraints.
- Ensuring all systems are followed for Project drawing and all documentation.
- Validating and maintaining equipment list , equipment drawings and / or other engineering documents as applicable.
- Ensuring that engineering activity is compliant with other project milestones.
- Champions Engineering staff involvement in GBPC’s contractor safety management program.
- Identifies all risk and the mitigation thereof all capital projects .
- Developing , scheduling and executing capital project on substation equipment for power instrument transformers , re closures , circuit breakers , motor operated devices , voltage regulators , etc.
- Leading or supporting root cause analyses for system failures and writing engineering reports detailing findings and recommendations for equipment and process upgrades for enhances system performance.
- Developing presentations for senior leadership within GBPC on progress capital projects.
Academic skill requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program, or equivalent.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in engineering at an industrial facility.\
- Knowledge of industrial Lock Out Tag Out practices with commitment to safety and safety management
- Posses strong technical , analytical and presentation skills
- Proficient in general engineering process as well as project management skills
How to ApplySuitably qualified applicants can apply online : https://www.vscyberhosting3.com/gb-power/
226 total views, 1 today